Sunday Morning Pancakes.
The pancake in and of itself is quite simple; merely a combination of a few classic ingredients. But still, in all of its simplicity, I want it again and again.
My mother's age-old recipe beckons only a few toppings. With a fresh berry medley, Canadian maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, this brunch is complete and heavily favoured regardless of the crowd. It's no small wonder that the recipe card is nearly illegible.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg into milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter.
- Blend and cook; yields eight pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter